2021 MD MEP SUMMER
For the 6th year in a row, MD MEP is thrilled to announce the return of the Manufacturing Internship Program! MD MEP’s Internship Program is designed to support Maryland manufacturers with the cost of hiring, onboarding and training summer interns. Manufacturing internships are a critical step in recruiting the next generation of talent to the manufacturing industry and MD MEP is committed to supporting growing the talent of next gen manufacturers.
This year’s MD MEP Manufacturing Internship Program includes a unique opportunity for participating interns to share knowledge, experience and grow their professional network through 2 facilitated virtual events. These interactions will provide both the interns and participating companies the opportunity to learn more about the others participating in the program, share the projects and experiences and present the result of the time they spent with your company. These virtual meetings are designed to provide students with opportunities to connect with one another and build their professional network, which is the foundation for attracting and retaining key talent.
As part of the MD MEP Manufacturing Internship Program, all participating manufacturing companies are eligible for a reimbursement to support wages paid to interns during the summer of 2021. If accepted, each manufacturing company is eligible for a $1,000 reimbursement per intern (up to 3 interns, $3,000 maximum reimbursement per company).
Internship Program Requirements:
- To be eligible to participate, company must be a Maryland manufacturer (Manufacturing NAICS code required)
- Intern candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and may be asked to meet specific hiring requirements of participating organizations
- Selected Interns must work a minimum of 30 hours a week and a minimum of 4 weeks total.
- The reimbursement will be issued at the completion of the internship.
- Interns will participate and connect with each other in two virtual meetings led by MD MEP
- Program Kick-off Meeting (Interns, Company Supervisors, led by MD MEP)
- Project Report Out (Interns, Company Supervisors, led by MD MEP)
- An Internship Exit Form and Paystubs must be submitted to MD MEP.
Internship Program Timeline:
Internship Program Starts
Internship Program Kick-off Meeting
Internship Project Report Out
Internship Program Ends
MD MEP is no longer accepting applications for the 2021 Internship Program as of 5/28/21. If you have any questions about the program, please contact the program coordinator.
- If you have more than one intern, a form must be submitted for each.
If you have questions regarding the Summer Internship Program, please contact: